Jadith Rosa's Portfolio
Reflection 10008

Reflection 10008

Learning about children’s books and the philosophy behind them was an extremely interesting topic. When I first entered this class, I thought children’s book writers had the easiest job in the world because their work looked so simple. Now I know it’s way more complex and complicated than that. I learned the four cognitive stages for children’s books, sensorimotor stage (age 0-2), pre-operational stage (age 2-7), concrete operational stage (age 7-11), and formal operational stage (age 11+). We learned the meaning of each stage and the philosophy behind each of these stages. We had to write a picture book based on one of these stages and the one I chose was the concrete operational stage. I wrote about a superhero the goes around town saving people in funny ways. Then we learned about fairytales and what makes a fairytale a fairytale. Then we had to write a fairytale ourselves. In my fairytale, I used characters from many different mythologies and made a rescue mission story with a lot of magic and plot. We read many books from each stage and it was always a fun and interesting read, there wasn’t a single boring book in there. Professor Weyn is a very lovely teacher, she was very engaging and she always seemed like she wanted to be there and teach. She is also very flexible when it comes to many different things which I really appreciate. Overall, I really liked this class, it was a fun and interesting experience, the content in the class was great and Ms.Weyn was an amazing teacher too.